Dr. Nikki Carden
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
“I love being able to advocate for, and work with, individuals who are in acute distress or part of an under-served population. One of my favorite things about treatment is being a guide in the client’s self-discovery. It’s wonderful when an individual who was in distress learns to understand themselves and their experiences, identify their strengths, and ultimately take recovery into their own hands.”
I joined the Center for Grief and Trauma Therapy because its mission is so unique. It’s specialized and universal at the same time. We’ve all suffered losses, whether it be of a loved one, career, home, freedom – the list goes on and on. On top of that, most individuals have likely endured an event that they personally consider to be traumatic. Both grief and trauma significantly impact us mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually, yet there are such limited resources to directly address these issues. I bring empathy, clinical expertise, and some humor to the team.
My passions include suicidality and self-harm behaviors, as well as trauma, mental illness, forensics, and substance use issues. I have extensive experience in providing support across multiple settings and I’m a firm believer in the importance of communication and education. I take an individual approach to treatment and use evidence-based techniques to promote recovery. I welcome individuals from all cultures, religious orientations, gender identities, and sexual orientations.
- Death, Grief, Loss, and Trauma
- Anxiety, Depression, and Stress Management
- Severe Mental Illness, Substance Use Issues, and Suicidal Ideation
- Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, PA
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, PA
- Master’s Degree in Counselor Education, Widener University, MA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology (Minor in Criminal Justice), Widener University, MA
- DE License # B1-0001148
- PA License # PS018446
- Credentialed Mental Health Screener, Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health