Stephanie Oyler, MSW, LSW, CT
Individual, Child, & Family Grief & Trauma Therapist
I came to the center for the Center for Grief and Trauma and Therapy because my home is where my passion for helping other can be fully expressed and realized. I have worked for years helping children, families and individuals work through grief, loss, trauma, and other experiences that need exploring, processing and working through. I have had the opportunity to learn and grow as a clinician in different settings and joining to the Center for Grief and Trauma Therapy team has allowed me to take these skills and experiences and utilize them in a space where it all comes together in the best way to help and serve my clients and families.
My goal is to work alongside my clients and families to guide and assist as they embark on the journey of healing and self-actualization. I treasure those moments where I gently encourage and empower individuals to take the wheel in their own stories, narratives, and healing. I work with all individuals, children and youth, families and groups. I have a special love for working with pre-teens into early adulthood as well as adoptees (all ages), fosterees (all ages) and former foster youth. I am specialized in foster care, adoption, transracial adoption, those who have experienced childhood institution (Hospitalizations and Residential Treatment Facilities) and parent-child attachment. I also specialize in racial trauma, institutional racism and identity formation.
We all have moments of need and guidance. I begin all therapeutic relationships by meeting my clients exactly where they are in their journey. There is no one person who can do life completely alone. I hope to provide that sounding board, care, therapeutic guidance, and concern for all who enter the space of acceptance and empowerment I strive to embody.
- Adoption and Foster Care: Transracial adoption and cross-cultural adoption, racial identity, open adoption, birth/first parent and family support, adoptive and foster family support, search, reunion & correspondence mediation and support, institutionalized care (residential treatment facilities, short- and long-term hospitalizations), placement stability, disruption and dissolution support, life story and Lifebook work, family integration and transition, sibling separation, sibling trauma.
- Specialized support in attachment, trauma-informed parenting, parenting skills, parent-child relationships, parenting fatigue and coping skills.
- Grief/Trauma: Racial Trauma, microaggressions and institutional racism, ambiguous loss, disenfranchised grief, childhood trauma, child sexual abuse.
- Mental Illness – Anxiety, ADHD, ODD, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Asperger’s Syndrome
- Young Adults
- Foster Care
- Transracial Adoption
- Urban Populations
- Bachelor’s of Social Work from West Chester University of Pennsylvania
- Master’s of Social Work with Clinical Focus from Rutgers University
- PA SW136968
- Training in Motivational Interviewing.
- Social work field supervisor.
I have worked within my community on human relations, equity, diversity and inclusion as well as with local political figures and police departments on community relations and relationships.