Kate Goemaat-Suarez, MSW, LCSW, LCSW-C
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
I joined the Center for Grief and Trauma Therapy because walking alongside those who experience grief and loss has long been a passion of mine. I specialize in working with parents who have experienced miscarriage, stillbirth, newborn loss, and fatal diagnoses during the prenatal period. I am a Certified Stillbirth Doula and this experience has been invaluable in my practice. I also love working with older adults and the unique challenges they face in both grieving and mental health diagnoses in our youth-focused culture. I emphasize empathy and connection in individual, couples, and group counseling.
As a member of the LGBTQ+ community, I provide a supportive environment where clients know they can be themselves. I have experience providing gender-affirming counseling including coping with the social and family loss that can be associated with gender transition.
I believe healing begins with the client/therapist relationship and my goal is to provide a warm, safe, and affirming environment where clients can gain the confidence and skills to reach their mental health and life goals.
- Grief and Loss
- Pregnancy, Prenatal, and Postpartum Mood and Anxiety Disorders
- Depression, Anxiety, and Increased Life Stressors
- Adjustment Disorders in Older Adults
- Older Adults
- LGBTQ+ and Gender Diverse
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from Simmons University
- Bachelor of Arts in Spanish Studies from University of Delaware
- Stillbirthday Certified Birth and Bereavement Doula
- DE #Q1-0011971
- MD #29010
- Co-founder of Birth in Full Bloom Doula Services for Birth and Bereavement
- Associate Member of the Delaware Psychological Association